IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT 2015-2016 COLLEGE COURSES
Dear Students 6-11 and Families:
The Ohio Board of Regents is terminating the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program and the Dual Enrollment Program at the conclusion of the 2014-2015 school year. These are the programs that have allowed our students to earn college credit while still in high school.
These programs will be replaced with the College Credit Plus. (CCP) Program. Many aspects of College Credit Plus are similar to PSEO and Dual Enrollment. Similarities include:
* The ACT benchmark scores to qualify are English: 19; Math: 22; Reading 21.
* Some Liberty Center faculty will remain adjunct faculty at Northwest State and Owens Community Colleges and will be able to conduct coursework at Liberty Center High School.
* There will be no charge to parents for tuition so long as a student passes a course.
* Students who qualify may also take courses online or on college campuses.
However, some aspects of College Credit Plus are different. The differences include:
* Students as early as 6th grade may take the ACT to attempt to earn qualifying scores to take college coursework in 2015-2016. The ACT is recognized by all colleges and universities.
* Students who are unable to achieve a qualifying score on the ACT, may take the COMPASS test at a community college to qualify for community college coursework.
* Public Colleges are required to participate in the program, Private Colleges are not required to participate and those who do may need to make students responsible for some or all of tuition costs.
If your student wishes to enroll in courses for college credit, you and your student must:
1. Register your student for the February 7th ACT at Liberty Center at www.actstudent.org by the January 9th deadline. The writing portion is not necessary. The test begins at 8:00 am and concludes by 1:00 pm.
2. Call the ACT helpline at 319-337-1320 Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 6:00 pm if you need assistance with registration.
3. If your student does not have a valid driver's license or permit, please obtain a state photo ID card from your nearest BMV.
4. Attend the mandatory information and application meeting on Tuesday March 3, 2015 at 6:30 PM in the ELEMENTARY multipurpose room. The meeting should take approximately 45 minutes and will conclude before the choir concerts that evening.
Starting January 5th, 2015 you may e-mail me at sahleman@!ibertycenterschools.org if you have any questions. Please be aware that the Ohio Board of Regents will issue final rules and guidelines in February 2015. Thus all current information is tentative.
LC Gets Connected
Liberty Center Local School District is now on social media! Follow us on Twitter @LC_Tigers and "like" us on Facebook at Liberty Center Local Schools.
Spotlight on Liberty Center's New Staff
Kelsey Guthrie is a new special education teacher this year. She is originally from Quincy, Ohio, but she completed her student teaching here at Liberty Center. She was already comfortable at our school, so joining the staff was an easy transition. Her first impression of Liberty Center was that it is a small community with a united staff and hands on administration. Ms. Guthrie's favorite aspect of teaching is being able to provide assistance to the children who need it most. Her favorite memory of high school is being in the band and meeting new people. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
Buy Yours Now
The 2014-15 Tigeron yearbook is now on sale! The high school book will feature the theme Leaving Lasting Impressions and includes 144 full-color pages. The book will cost $46. The PreK-8 book costs $16 and will feature the theme of The World of Dr. Seuss. Order forms will be sent home with all students or books can be purchased by clicking on the link below. Prices will increase on April 1st so reserve your copy today! If you have any questions contact Mr. Ressler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annabel (Baker) Norman Donation 06/23/14
- Liberty Center Local History 08/26/13
- Liberty Center Local School District's Report Card 08/24/13